Qualifications, Training, Experience
I’ve held various counselling and support roles including:
- Counsellor for children (12yrs +)
- Counsellor in a Women’s Center for women who have experienced domestic and sexual violence
- Care worker for people with dementia
- Support worker for adults with functional illiteracy
- I’ve been holding yoga, relaxation & meditation groups for nearly 20 years
- Advanced Counselling Diploma ~ Heartwood College of Counselling & Psychotherapy
- OCN level 4 ‘Working with Sexual Violence’ ~ Womens Center Cornwall
- Yoga Therapy Diploma ~ Yoga Campus
- Yoga Teaching Diploma (3 years dip) ~ British Wheel of Yoga
- Level 4 Safeguarding Certificate
- Philosophy & Literature Degree BA Hons ~ University of Hertfordshire
CPD & Additional Trainings Include
- Dissociation & Somatisation
- Understanding DID
- Eating ‘Disorder’
- Understanding Sexual Violence
- Deep Relaxation Techniques
I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society.
The NCS holds Accredited Register Status with the Professional Standards Authority. This means that it’s members have achieved a recognised and required level of training and adhere to the NCS’s code of conduct.
This provides you with the reassurance that my training has reached a recognised standard of proficiency and that I comply with the guidelines of a governing body. I have regular supervision for my work in accordance with NCS guidelines. I also hold an enhanced DBS certificate.