Experience, Qualifications and Training
- Specialist Support Worker with the Women’s Centre Cornwall
- Counsellor for young people with Tor Support Services (14+ years)
- I’ve been holding yoga, relaxation & meditation groups for over 20 years
- I have also been a Care Worker for people with dementia.
- Advanced Counselling Diploma ~ Heartwood College of Counselling & Psychotherapy
- OCN level 4 ‘Working with Sexual Violence’ ~ Womens Center Cornwall
- Yoga Therapy Diploma ~ Yoga Campus
- Yoga Teaching Diploma (3 years dip) ~ British Wheel of Yoga
- Level 4 Safeguarding Certificate
- Philosophy & Literature Degree BA Hons ~ University of Hertfordshire
CPD & Additional Trainings Include
- Dissociation & Somatisation
- Understanding DID
- Eating ‘Disorder’
- Understanding Sexual Violence
- Deep Relaxation Techniques
I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS) and a member of the British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists (BACP)
These organisations hold Accredited Register Status with the Professional Standards Authority, meaning that their members have achieved a recognised and required level of training and adhere to a professional code of conduct.
This provides you with the reassurance that my training is of a recognised standard of proficiency and that I comply with the guidelines of a governing body. I have regular supervision for my work in accordance with NCS & BACP guidelines & hold an enhanced DBS certificate.